Assistant and Shopkeeper
I started Compass as a space to house multiple services which cater to the wedding industry including a flower shop, beauty bar, decor services and wedding coordination. Overtime a boutique emerged and is getting off the ground with local support and tourists interest. With Compass's growth I need help. I am looking for an assistant to keep me organized, help across all departments and run the store as the main shopkeeper.
I am looking for someone who can follow direction, has an 'up for anything' attitude, loves weddings, is extremely organized, is friendly to everyone, can hustle, isn't afraid to get dirty, and can basically tie up all the loose ends.
Some, but not all, of the tasks you may be asked to do:
- assist customers in the store
- process flowers
- receive inventory
- make retail displays
- greenery foraging
- handle cash and deposits
- assist with in-house workshops
- help couples start the wedding planning process
- investigate wedding options for couples
- research new retail lines, rental items, ect
- set up and clean up weddings at various venues
- post to social media and manage the accounts
- keep the storefront fresh and presentable
- keep me organized, randomly babysit my kids, perhaps clean my truck, maybe walk my dog, coffee runs, food runs, make sure I feed my kids during peak wedding season (that is a joke, sort of)....
- Did I mention you need to be organized? Because I am not
- Fluent in the English language. Other languages a strong asset
- Driver’s license a strong asset but not required, own vehicle a bonus
- Accommodation in Ucluelet/Tofino (I have tiny staff housing if needed-to be discussed)
Does this interest you? I would love to meet you. Please complete the form below to get started, then email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org